Mobile video/media streaming specialist
Video encoding, hardware acceleration and low-level layers (RTMP)
media encoding, network protocols, ffmpeg, iOS, android
To help cope with booming business perspectives, GameTube SAS, a Paris and Toulouse-based start-up company is actively looking for an EXPERIENCED MOBILE (iOS/Android) DEVELOPER to hire.
Based in Toulouse, France, you will be working closely with the CTO and the rest of the tech team on
- building and updating a state-of-the art video capture & live streaming mobile application on iOS and Android
- integrate with an advanced and powerful B2B & B2C custom video back office
You've been working for several years on coding complex mobile applications, with a system-wide vision of big projects, and now:
- master iOS and/or Android development (you perfectly master at least one of these platforms and can at least build basic apps for the other one)
- are comfortable with low-level APIs, including camera/microphone access, media encoding and network protocols (e.g, RTMP, RTSP)
- are familiar with video/audio codecs, containers and protocols, and have worked with video-related libraries such as ffmpeg, interacting with its C API
- are capable of producing high-quality, well documented and comprehensive code
And as serious "nice-to-have", you:
- know how to build hybrid mobile apps with frameworks such as Cordova/PhoneGap or Titanium
- are familiar with the GIT source code management system
- love automated tests and TDD (test-driven development)
- An experienced developer, and have been working for 3-5 years
- Based in TOULOUSE (France)
- Dynamic, reactive and happy to work in a challenging and fast-pace start-up environment
- Perfectionist, and you love clean and slick work
- Fun and relax :D
WHAT WE OFFER
- Work on designing and building giant web & mobile applications, amongst fellow skilled coders and with a good mix of project lead and tech work
About Gametube SAS
GameTube SAS is a Paris and Toulouse-based start-up company, launched in 2008. It has won many French and European start-ups competitions (TechCrunch Paris & London, Seedcamp Paris, Tremplin- Entreprise Sénat, etc.), and has built numerous high-trafic web applications in the gaming sphere, including social network for Gamers GameCreds.com, an international platform that distributes up to 60 millions videos each month.
GameTube SAS has been working on joint-venture projects with worldwide #2 video giant Dailymotion.com since 2010, especially live video streaming and advanced CMS topics.
GameTube SAS also occasionally helps other hand-picked major accounts such as Bouygues Telecom, John Deere, Moonda... with complex and very specific tech issues.